Setting Up A Business In The UAE Mainland
Dubai has always forged a different path and topped the charts in terms of the best places in the world. Aided with amazing infrastructures, great connectivity, numerous avenues for growth, an amazing talent pool and a strategic geographic location provides Dubai a great vantage point.
The DED or Department of Economic Development, the main body for company formation in Dubai, encourages and eases the overall process of formation of any business.
There are mainly two most important jurisdictions in Dubai
Each of these offers its own set of advantages.
The place for business formation mainly depends on the business actions and the kind of license one applies for. It is important to keep in mind that the mainland company formation laws require that you have a local partner who will have 51% of the equity with a few exceptions like:
- Business activities with GCC ownership of 100%
- Consultancy and professional activities, where 100% foreign ownership is allowed
- Businesses that need to be located in the Free Zones
- GCC companies that are formed in partnership with UAE citizens – For example, GCC companies that are wholly owned enter into a partnership with a UAE national
- Where the law states to have 100% local ownership of the business
The Dubai mainland refers to the overall geographical area that is permitted by the DED or Dubai Economic Development; where private businesses can operate.
Dubai Mainland also offers very lucrative opportunities for people involved in businesses like restaurants, luxury goods and car manufacturers etc.
But then, why should you invest in the Dubai Mainland?
There are many reasons why should you set up your business in the Dubai Mainland and we are listing some of the key advantages:
- There is no corporate or personal tax
- One can have a trouble-free recruitment practice with no limitations on the employment visas
- One can expect a low import duty
- On a minimum capital requirement, expect limited restrictions
- There are no annual audit
- There are no limitations on processing legal documents
- There are no limitations on the recruitment
- Once can expect availability of office spaces with reasonable and flexible leasing and rental plans
- Affordable spaces are easy to get with flexi-rent or lease options for office anywhere
- You have the flexibility to conduct your business anywhere in Dubai.
Here are some key areas for company set up in Dubai Mainland:
Sheikh Zayed Road
Sheikh Zayed Road is the very lifeline of Dubai. This road is laden with the well-known landmarks which are synonymous with Dubai. It is also the home to the most famous business ventures and top organizations of the business realm.
Business Bay provides an amazing infrastructure for businesses in the field of hospitality, finance, retail, consulting. You can get your company setup and start running your business in a short span of time. It’s the central business district in Dubai and has several business setup centers. Click here to enquire about office space in Business Bay.
Considered to be the finest sea-front area, Jumeirah has many residential complex and elite, high end business development sections.
Deira, Al Karama and Bur Dubai
These are the three areas which are part of old Dubai and they are famous for the gold souk and some old and historically significant spots.
These areas also cater to businesses in the realm of real estate, residential buildings and wholesale markets.
Al Quoz is a fast developing commercial hub of Dubai. It provides you with warehouses and other facilities capable for industrial set-ups within the reach of Dubai.
It is divided into four main zones:
- Warehouses, Industrial set-ups, Factories and many other locations
Al Quoz also has several shopping malls, centres, and accommodation zones for labour.
If you are in the field of education and medical institutes, then this place is meant for you.
Al Qusais also has lots of residential areas and industrial zones.
So, are you set to get your business in Mainland Dubai?