Quick Look DMCC
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre
One of the world’s leading free zone, with over 14,000 companies operating from the centre.
LICENSES: Service | Trading | Industrial
FACILITIES: Offices | Executive desks
COSTS: Medium (from US$12,000)
Recommended for: Established and startup consultancies, commodity traders, representative offices, regional headquarters
How we can help you?
- Recommendthe best options as per your requirement!
- Incorporate your company with ease!
- Provide a holistic solution for all your business needs!
Please fill in your details so that our legal advisor can contact you and guide you through the process.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE IN DUBAI
The main feature of a Professional Company is that 100% foreign shareholding is permissible (very few exceptions); however, this form of company can be formed only by an individual or a group of individuals (corporate shareholding is not allowed). These companies can bid for Government contracts, as opposed to free zone companies, which are usually not allowed to do so.
Businesses can register for a professional license in Dubai anywhere in the mainland; a wide range of choice – from the lanes of old Deira to the shining towers of Business Bay.
For a professional license, a UAE National will have to appointed as Service Agent. The Service Agent will have no shares in the Professional License but will only act as a liaison between the entity and Government departments such as the Ministry of Labour.
Click here to download our guide to setting up a Professional License in Dubai.
Advantages of setting up a Professional License in Dubai
- Easy setup
- Flexibility of doing business
- Range of locations
- Options for multiple visas
- Sponsor of dependents
In addition to this, the Professional License in Dubai can derive benefits from the extensive network of double-tax avoidance treaties that the United Arab Emirates has signed with countries worldwide, including countries such as India, Pakistan, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria and Holland.
Dubai offers the additional benefits of a very high standard of living and a vibrant expatriate community with people from over 180 nations living and working in the region.
Read our detailed article on setting up a Professional License in Dubai here.
The legal structure of the license can be Sole Establishment (if 1 Partner) or Civil Company (If two or more partners).
There is no prescribed share capital, hence in practice, the share capital for a Professional License in Dubai is usually kept at AED 300,000.
This share capital does not have to be deposited in a bank account in the name of the entity.
100% foreign ownership is permissible.
Only individuals can be owners of a Professional License.
We can help you structure your company through our company formation services. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
A wide range of professional service activities can be chosen for a professional license in Dubai. These include marketing consultancy or management consultancy, artistry, crafts, Information technology, or media-related activities.
Click here to download an updated list of business activities allowed by the Dubai Department of Economic Development.
The process of applying for a Professional License in Dubai is as follows:
- Select business activity
- Find a UAE National to act as Service Agent
- Decide the distribution of the shareholding, the profits and losses among the partners and other operational modalities.
- Reserve of a new trade name. Click here to know more details on acceptable trade names.
- Shareholder/Director or Manager to complete the Management Skills Placement Test*
- Sign the Partnership Agreeement in the Dubai Courts. Click here to access a draft Partnership Agreement.
- Rent office space in Dubai. You can choose from business centre desk options as well.
- Pay the DED fees and obtain the trade license.
* for certain consultancy licenses.
Contact us today to speak to our consultants who can guide you through the process.
Here are the documentation required for incorporation process:
- Passport copies of Manager and Partners
- Residence Visa and Emirates ID / Tourist Visa / UID Report from Immigration from all Partners and manager
- 5 names of the proposed company for Trade Name Reservation
- Partnership Agreement
- Local Service Agent Agreement
- NOC from the sponsor if the manager or partner is employed in UAE
- Tenancy Contract and Ejari of the office
The cost of a Professional License in Dubai starts from AED 25,000, and depends on the activity chosen, and office space that the company rents.
Investors now have the option of setting up with a desk space as well. Additional costs include the registration of the company with the Ministries of Immigration and Labour and visa costs.
Click here to download our factsheet on a Professional License in Dubai.
How can 10 Zone help in formation of your Professional License in Dubai?
10 Zone has:
- Been setting up businesses in Dubai since 2004
- Experts in consultancy and company formation
- A team of highly qualified Lawyers, Chartered Accountants and Relationship Managers
- Capabilities to assist you in English, Arabic, French, German, Turkish, Hindi, Afrikaans & Tagalog.
- Assistance in company formation
- Assistance in bank account opening
- Visa processing
- VAT registration
- HR & Payroll
- Contracts and Agreements
- Secretarial and Annual Compliances
- Marketing and branding
- 100% foreign ownership
- 0% corporate tax for 50 years
- 0% personal income tax
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 0% import or re-export duties
- No currency restrictions
- No restrictions on foreign talent or employees
All entities in DMCC can register a free zone establishment as one of the following –
I. Limited Liability Company
The liability of its shareholders is limited to the value of the share capital they hold in the company.
II. Branch Company
A branch is a representative office of a legal entity which already exists outside of the DMCC Free Zone (local or international). A branch company -
- derives its power and authority from the parent entity thus does not have separate legal personality.
- will not have a board of directors or company secretary
- must retain the same name as the parent entity and end with the designation (Branch).
DMCC offers a wide range of business activities which are categorized into the following licenses:
- Trading LicenSes – allows the holder to carry out trading activities specified in the Licence.
- Service Licenses – allows the holder to carry out services specified in the Licence.
- Industrial Licenses – allows the holder to carry out light manufacturing activities as specified in the License
To see the full list of business activities, download here
Source: Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority Free Zone Rules and Regulations
DMCC have the following lease or office types to offer:
- Flexi-desks / Business Centre
- Office Spaces and Solutions
- Commercial Freehold property
Here are the initial documentation required for incorporation process:
- Know Your Client (KYC) form
- Business Plan
- Passport Copy of shareholder, director, manager, company secretary, and/or legal representative.
- Proof of residential address (valid tenancy contract, utility bill (not older than 6 months), bank confirmation letter (not older than 6 months)..etc.)
Parent Company Documents (for BRANCH COMPANIES)
- Certificate of Registration
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incumbency
Additional requirements will be advised during the incorporation stage.
License fee starts at $5,530
Visas fee starts at $1,450
Flexi-desk space starts at $5,000 (with an option for three visas)
Office space - from $20 per sq.ft. per annum